When creating or maintaining your website, you have to keep in mind the website where most of your traffic is going to come from. That site is Google. That said, you should spend some time making sure that your site is accessible to Google and has authority over other sites. To keep your website relevant and have your website be Google friendly, you have to follow some guide lines.
The major guidelines for webmasters are:
- Create unique and relevant content. (That includes not taking content from other sites).
- Don’t try to fool Google into giving you a good ranking. (Some include doorway pages, false keywords, keyword stuffing, or link schemes).
- Write for your visitors not for web crawlers.
- Keep your code clean.
- Each page on your website must be linked to by at least one static text link.
- Make sure your site is compatible with all the major browsers.
- Don’t use cloaking. (Cloaking is when you show different content to search engines and the real content to users. For more information about it go. )